Rare Facts: Approximately 7,000 rare illnesses
are known to exist and more are discovered each year.
To qualify for services a physician, social worker or case manager must refer your child and his/her illness must be listed in the Online Mendelian Inheritance of Man (OMIM) database. First priority is given to those children whose illness is not supported by National organizations.
Specific criteria includes:
- Child up to 22 years old with Illness listed in the OMIM database
- Displaced for medical treatments/hospitalization
- Family income significantly reduced to care for child
- Case Worker or Physician Referral
- Limited organizations to support child’s diagnosis
Please complete and return our intake form via email or fax providing you do not need an interpreter. If an interpreter is needed, telephone intake sessions will occur. One of our intake coordinators will contact you within 24-48 hours to obtain additional information.